GCC's Steering Committee is initially appointed on provisional basis by GCC Program Secretariat with a primary objective of reviewing the standards, rules, guidelines and emission reduction projects/ carbon credit issuance requests (where applicable).
Steering Committee will provide its recommendation of approval of documents to GCC. The Steering Committee shall be responsible for the following.
- Review new baseline and monitoring methodologies of GCC, developed together by GCC team and project owners, and provide comments and/or recommendation for approval;
- Review the newly defined rules and procedures of GCC and provide recommendation for approval.
- Review specific GHG-reduction projects that cannot get unanimous approval or rejection of verifiers and GCC team and provide final recommendation.
- Review specific carbon credits issuance requests that could not get unanimous approval or rejection of verifiers and GCC team and provide final recommendation.
- Periodically review the work of independent GCC-approved verifiers.
View Steering Committee Members