GCC’s Advisory Board is initially appointed on provisional basis by GCC Program Secretariat with a primary objective that it provides strategic direction for GCC Program The Advisory Board is responsible for the following.
- Provide strategic direction to vision, work program and ambition of GCC, as well as its governance structure, modalities and procedures.
- Support strategic decisions such as expansion of GCC to various sectors and geographic areas; and, strategic outreach activities.
- Get update from GCC on new baseline and monitoring methodologies of GCC for calculation of emission reductions, and provide strategic advice where required;
- Overview the functions and outcome of steering committee, who shall be responsible for review and approval of baseline and monitoring methodologies, projects and other technical documents.
Overview the GCC accreditation of verifiers and functions of independent GCC-approved verifiers who shall conduct:
- on-site review of GHG reduction projects;
- off-site review of its project submission document to GCC;
- review of monitoring reports claiming emission reductions;
- review of emission reduction evidences, instrumentation and monitoring systems on ground;
- develop and submit project and emission reduction verification report to GCC.
- Oversee the appropriateness of processes implemented by GCC in approval of methodologies and projects as well as in issuance of carbon credits.
- Oversee the public availability of relevant GCC documents including repository of approved rules, procedures, methodologies and standards.
View Advisory Board Members